Saturday, September 17, 2011

Night before my 10 day liquid only diet....

Well, it is the night before I start the 10 day liquid diet. I am a mess of emotions. I am totally excited to be starting this new chapter in my life, it has been an uphill battle but I am excited still. On the other hand, I am stressing about the fact that I will not be able to have more than 2 servings of solid food (mind you, there are only 2 things on the O.K. list of solid foods and that is a single egg and 1 ounce of cheese) Other than that, it is protein drinks, clear sugar free drinks and thats it.

10 days of only liquids. No carbs. No meats. No fruits. Just water, Crystal Light, Protein drinks and an egg or 2. And I am suppose to be able to keep up with my kids during this time. I am worried about how I am going to manage 2 rambunctious kids, the cleaning, the errands don't forget.... THE COOKING!!! The grocery shopping. The "Mom I'm hungry can you make me a peanut butter sandwich?" Oh God, peanut butter and BREAD! I hope I can manage to do all this without snacking or stealing a bite.

I pray my husband has the patients to put up with me during this trying time. The 10 days of liquids is only the beginning. Then there is the actual day of surgery. I know there will be pain. I am fully aware of what to expect after surgery. I know this will be an even tougher period than the liquids, but it will be so worth it. I will be healthier, be able to run around with my kids more. Go backpacking, hiking, run, maybe start up mountain climbing. All this without having to stop every 50 yards cause I can't breathe or because I just can not go on.

I will probably be posting frequently from this point forward. It may also be mostly venting and screaming but it will be a way for me de-stress. Well, until then. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment