Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ok, I am 1 week post-op now. I am feeling about 85% back to normal. Still have severe pain if I sneeze or cough hard, but that is all normal. I am on a full fluid diet, which includes diluted 100% fruit juices, strained soups, thinned cream of wheat and of course my protein drinks and vitamins. I went in on surgery day at 204 (same as the day I found out I was pregnant) and I am sitting at 197 today. That is 7 pound loss in 7 days! I was referred to the options program in the beginning of May at 228 pounds, so that is a total of 31 pounds! If you are trying to figure out what that is, go to the produce section of the grocery store and pick up 3 10 pounds bags of potatoes and walk around with them for a while. You will be amazed at just how much that is.

But I am not done, not by far. My goal is to reach 135 pounds. I would like to reach this goal by May 31, 2012. This will be the 1 year mark since I started the weight loss program. Now, that will be a total of 93 pounds GONE! Here are the dates and weights I have done so far:
Early May 2011: 228 pounds 
May 31, 2011: 222 pounds, started the 12 week weight loss program
August 16, 2011: 215.5 end of weight loss program
September 8, 2011: 214 saw surgeon and set surgery date
September 18, 2011: 214 started liquid diet
September 28, 2011: 204 Day of surgery
October 5, 2011: 197 1 week post-op

I will not lie to you. This is NOT the easy way out. If you are thinking you can just go in and have the surgery and everything will be fine, YOU.ARE.WRONG! You need to mentally and physically prepare yourself for a complete lifestyle change. You will be able to eat real food, but not right away. You need to kill all your soda junkie and binge eating BEFORE you have surgery. You really should stop smoking too. You have to get used to eating small portions. I mean, we go to a restaurant and you get this HUGE over flowing plate of food and if you are anything like I was, you pretty much cleaned you plate cause that is how my generation was raise. You what is on your plate and don't leave the table till it is done. Well, that idea has to go bye-bye. You must learn to listen to your body, know when you are satisfied, not full. I was so happy when I got to have a bowl of cream of wheat the other day. Know how much I ate till done? Less than a TABLESPOON!!! Yes, I had less than 1 single tablespoon of cream of wheat and I was completely satisfied.

I am very happy that I made this decision and that I will soon be the same person on the outside, as I am on the inside. I will be doing mostly weekly updates here now with my weight loss progress. Thank you so much for following and cya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment